High Performance Instrument that allows students to perform various spectrometry experiments such as:
- Determining resolving power of the prism
- Determining dispersion power of the prism
- Determining the refractive index of the material of prism
- Determining resolving power of a plane diffraction grating
- Determining wavelength of sodium light using a plane diffraction grating.
- Heavy cast aluminium alloy structure
- CNC turned spindle set and other components
Scale : 125mm dia. divided 0 to 360° x 0.5 degree readable with vernier to 1 minute of arc.
Collimator : Achromatic objective lens 175mm FL, clear aperture of 32mm. Rack and pinion
focusing mechanism. Adjustable slit 6mm long. Mounted on a fixed pillar.
Telescope : Achromatic objective lens 175mm FL, clear aperture of 32mm. Rack and pinion
focusing mechanism. Mounted on a movable arm with slow and fine motion.
Ramsden Eyepiece : 15X magnification with cross line glass graticule and in and out focus
Prism Table : 85mm diameter table is provided with three leveling screws and is marked with lines to assist placement of prism.
Standard Accessories Supplied : 1 Prism Table, 1 Prism Clamp, 1 Diffraction Grating Holder.
Optional Accessories : Dense flint glass prism, Magnifier glass, Tommy bar for adjustment of optical axes.