Michelson interferometer is a common two beam interface optical interferometer. The incident beam is split into two equal intensity beams by using beam splitter. One beam is moves towards Mirror M1 and other towards M2; after reflection from both mirrors beams superimpose at beam splitter and interference pattern can be observed on screen.
- To determine wavelength of laser light.
- To find refractive index of a transparent plate.
- To study refractive index change in air under different pressures and determination of refractive index of air.
- Precision kinematic mounts for optical components
- Optics used for design have very good surface quality
- Assembly of setup is very easy
|Experimental set up Contain||Quantity|
|Optical Breadboard (450 X 600 mm)
Kinematic laser mount
Mirror mount with translation
Mirror mount with precision translation
Rotation stage (Resolution 10/division)
Screen with mount (Dimension 75x75mm)
Pressure cell (Pressure Range 0-300 mm Hg)
Mirror with cell
Rotation Stage mount
Beam splitter mount
Beam Expander with mount
Diode laser < 5mW (650nm or 532nm)
Diode laser power supply